Battery Pack Enclosures
Goal Zero Faceplates
I’ve taken the Goal Zero faceplate I built for my latest battery pack project and tried to modify it for a similar but larger enclosure for VE6LK’s battery project. Mine was modelled with OpenSCAD, and for Vince’s faceplate, redesigning the faceplate with his dimensions and proportions turned out to be an exercise in frustration. So I decided it was best and more expedient to start from scratch and model it entirely in Fusion 360. Based on a dimensioned drawing from Vince, I put this together.
Fundamentally it is similar to mine with a groove around the middle, but this one has a wider inner flange. This will be a challenge to print, probably requiring supports.
As part of the design, several holes will be added on the faceplate for things like meters, jacks, and other things. Here is a test fitting of the first draft print. Other than it needing a little adjustment in height, the overall profile is just about perfect.